Acquisition of New Business and/or retention of Existing Business. Achieving budget income, Loss Ratio, Rate & Retention Targets whilst delivering excellent Customer Service and Underwriting standards via open market trading and the online trading platform.
· The trading, negotiating and underwriting of new business and/or renewal of existing business in accordance with the company’s strategy
· To assist with the prioritization and allocation of new business quotations, midterm adjustments, renewals claims experience, pre-quote work and declinature of business falling outside the companies underwriting strategy.
· Visit external stakeholders and build effective relationships within our broker panel where required
· Strive for maximum efficiency, development & profitability and contribute to creating a culture of excellence.
· Identify and seek out additional key risk information required to adequately underwrite and price risks
Working with Broker Development Managers on our distribution strategy.
Knowledge, skills and experience
· Commercial underwriting experience, or experience of dealing with commercial products in broking environment
· Strong Trading and negotiation skills
· Awareness and understanding of Compliance rules
· Awareness and understanding of the FCA Rules and how to comply with them
· A sound knowledge of policy documentation and wording
· Application of underwriting skill and judgment
· A working knowledge of market wordings and products.· A working knowledge of the law as it relates to insurance
· A good understanding of the broker environment and broker relationships
This will close in 30 seconds