Financial Planning Assistant
Reports to: Financial Planning Administration Manager
We’re looking for an experienced Financial Planning Assistant to support our team of Financial Advisers. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to work closely alongside a Financial Adviser, helping them provide a seamless service to new and existing clients.
You must have experience in a similar role and be able to demonstrate excellent organisational and administrative skills, including a good working knowledge of all Microsoft packages. Professionalism and confidentiality are key, as is the ability to think ahead and forward plan. You should also be motivated by working in a people-centric business where developing and maintaining professional relationships with colleagues and clients is essential.
The position ideally suits a dynamic individual who has experience working within a Financial Adviser practice, as there will be a requirement to deal with a variety of tasks, necessitating a good level of financial services acumen. We’re also looking for someone who is numerate, works well under pressure, can handle a challenging workload, is adaptable and enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
What will I be doing in the role?
- Manage incoming calls and emails for the Adviser.
- Make appointments for new and existing clients, annual reviews and other meetings as required.
- Prepare recommendations/reports that account for clients’ circumstances and needs.
- Implement actions, such as changing existing investment holdings, as directed.
- Providing client support required via phone, email or post.
- Attend external events with the Adviser where required.
- Maintaining and organising the Advisers diary.
- Set up client files and filing.
- Produce client specific illustrations.
- Update client holdings, valuations, obtain share values, use analytics.
- Analyse and interpret financial and other data and produce relevant reports.
- Maintain detailed and accurate records.
- Interpret instructions and issues arising and then implement actions according to administrative policies and procedures.
- Adhere to stated policies and procedures relating to quality management.
- Greet clients who visit the office.
- Any other tasks as required as part of a varied role reporting to the Managing Director.
What do we look for in this role?
- Someone who is passionate about Financial Advice.
- A person who is dynamic, positive, outgoing, professional and confidential in undertaking all aspects of their role.
- Candidates must be articulate, numerate, well presented and used to dealing with people at all levels.
- Someone that is comfortable dealing with a wide variety of tasks, often relating to different businesses to tight deadlines.
- A team player, who is comfortable working closely with the Adviser, but is equally comfortable working on their own.