Motor Fleet Underwriter
to £50,000 with possible flexibility depending on relevant technical underwriting experience
Location options: Leatherhead (reporting office x2 a month), Birmingham, Bristol, Chelmsford, Crawley, Glasgow
Our client – a well-known UK Underwriting business with international connections, are actively looking to recruit an experienced technical Motor Fleet Underwriter for their specialist Hazardous Goods, Petrochemical and Environmental team.
Although this role is based in Surrey, candidates based nationally will be considered with requirement to be based in the reporting office twice a month.
With a focus on Renewal cases, you will liaise directly with your partnering brokers when reviewing submitted presentations and will be consistent in identifying risks per submission whilst rating within your given licenses. Our client has worked with one of the UKs leading Insurers to develop a specialist Fleet cover product where 75% of the risk can be written in-house without referral.
Fleets include specialist Goods in Transit and individually designed HGVs and will range from 2 to 200 vehicles per fleet.
With insurance brokers as your client, you will use your developed communication skills and Fleet policy knowledge to build relationships and negotiate effectively.
This job will be an ongoing learning programme where you will have the opportunity to develop into the role of Senior Underwriter.
· Fleet Underwriting – both private and commercial vehicle underwriting will be considered
· Insurer, MGA or Broker background, provided you have experience in working on a scheme with a DA and an in-house license
· Knowledge and experience in servicing broker client accounts
· Ability to extract and piece together information from a broad range of different sources
· Strong communication skills
· ‘Can do’ approach with a ‘creating solutions’ underwriting mindset
· Ability to make decisions and be able to explain the outcome of your decisions clearly