To provide consultancy services and strategic advice to employers relating primarily to their healthcare arrangements, but with a working knowledge of wider wellbeing and group risk. A Senior Consultant may also act as the overall Client Relationship Manager for a client where multiple services are provided.
You will oversee the day-to-day delivery of consultancy services to the client in the relevant areas, advising on the implementation and maintenance of healthcare arrangements and wider employee benefit plans. An important part of the role is to maintain high levels of client care and client satisfaction. As such, expert knowledge of private medical insurance is required.
The role also involves developing existing clients and the acquisition of new business, particularly for health business, as well as proposition development.
This is an FCA controlled function “CF30” role and so you will be required to work in accordance with the firm’s internal procedures and in accordance with FCA and other regulation.
The Senior Consultant reports to the Consulting Lead (Health & Risk). For client projects, you may report to a CRM or act as a CRM. Other Consultants, Benefit Analysts and Client Support will assist the Senior Consultant in the delivery of this service.
- Develop new prospects and leads through business development activities.
- Lead on or support with responses to tenders/proposals and pitch presentations as required in relation to healthcare services.
- Directly develop existing clients to increase work and revenues.
- Raise personal profile through thought leadership (via blogs, social media and industry events).
- Attend industry round tables and provide commentary and insight as and when required.
- Make presentations to groups of employees, to clients, senior management or for marketing purposes – internal and external.
- Update and maintain all prospects, leads and clients on internal systems.
Technical and Market Knowledge
- Research, support and contribute though leadership to development of new and additional services.
- Maintain required specialism, subject, sector and technical knowledge.
- Contribute to discussions around services and fees to ensure profitability of the Health & Risk Consultancy team.
- Build and maintain a network of external product and service providers using a due diligence framework.
- Develop a clear understanding of people and business strategies, the needs and challenges that key prospects and clients are facing and how they can respond to them.
- Complete and own annual Client Plans for each client where relevant.
- Proactively develop and manage the relationships within a portfolio of clients.
- Coach and assist in the development of Health & Risk Consultants, Benefit Analysts and Client Support.
- Oversee delivery of the agreed services in accordance with agreed time schedules and budget with each allocated client.
- Supporting negotiations with product suppliers to achieve competitive terms for clients.
- Day to day client account management.
- Act as CRM for clients where necessary.
Governance & Compliance
- Responsible for income for clients and reporting to management team.
- Timely completion of timesheets.
- Peer review of work prepared by others in the team.
- Ensure both own and delegated work is professional, correct and within timescales and budget.
- Must ensure work is in accordance with the Barnett Waddingham’s internal procedures and with FCA and other regulations.
- Any other reasonable task as advised from time-to-time.
- Significant experience in and technical knowledge of Private Medical Insurance is essential.
- Significant client facing consultancy experience is essential, including setting of health strategies.
- Evidence of new business and client account development is essential.
- Experience in wider areas of employee benefits (such as group risk and flexible benefits) and wellbeing is desirable.
- Relevant industry qualifications, or progress towards, including Certificate in Insurance (CII) and/or Certificate in Heath and Protection (CII) are required.
Key Deliverables (Objectives)
- Playing an active role in the business and proposition development
- Working to deliver revenue and profit targets
- Delivering a joined-up service for clients where multi line services are provided
- Supporting the development of others
- Quality service delivered to clients in agreed timescales and budgets
- Full compliance with regulatory guidelines and agreed procedures
- Build strong team relationships
- Maintaining strong client relationships